Sunday, February 16, 2014

Snow Days


It is crazy how different a week can turn out from how you had it planned on your calendar. It is an important reminder that God is in control, and I am not. According to me, this week included a baby shower for us thrown by Elliott Davis on Thursday, a week of long hours since Carrie was to arrive Friday afternoon for a Bestiemoon weekend, and receiving the key to our new rental house. According to God, this week included snow, snow, more snow, and ice. We were “snowed in” from Tuesday evening to Thursday evening. The baby shower was rescheduled, and Carrie’s flights were cancelled. This is the second weekend we have tried to have a Bestiemoon, but it just doesn’t seem to be in the cards so far. I won’t dwell on it because it makes me super sad (I have only seen Carrie for 3 hours since Nov 2012). I am choosing to focus on the fact that God knows more than Carrie or I do; therefore, He is the ultimate scheduler.

On a happier note, as a Houston girl, I enjoyed the snow as much as possible. Chris and I set up our computers (and second monitors) on the dining room table and worked side-by-side with the blinds open onto the snowy landscape for 2 days. I loved working next to my hubby with 2 puppy dogs at our feet. I could get used to that. We took breaks to play in the snow, which I have chronicled below. The dogs LOVE the snow. They go nuts and race around in circles with pauses to shove their nose in a snow drift for a big whiff of whatever. We built a snowman the second day, and Chris had Winnie destroy it. It was pretty cute--the last pic is of Winnie knocking it over and the video shows her destroying it. All in all, I think we got over 4 inches of snow. It was crazy.


 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment